Short commutes. Fresh air. And a festival every weekend. Mississippi offers a quality of life second to none. You can enjoy your choice of championship golf courses that have hosted many PGA, LPGA and Senior PGA events. Discover the roots of Rock and Roll in the birthplace of the King himself, Elvis. Explore the stomping ground of such famous writers as John Grisham, William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, Willie Morris and Richard Wright. Every four years, you can watch the USA International Ballet Competition in Jackson, named the permanent American home by the United States Congress. But if you want to relax and enjoy down-home Southern hospitality, just go to any one of the more that 300 annual festivals celebrating everything from Mardi Gras to antebellum pilgrimages.
Additional attractive features include:
* Cost of living 10 percent lower than national average
* State-of-the-art medical technology
* Over 300 annual festivals
* Average temperature of 65 degrees
* Over 35 national and state parks
* Museums around every corner – celebrating everything from natural science to the blues
* Over one million acres of hunting land and abundant freshwater and saltwater fishing
For additional information, please visit the Mississippi Development Authority website.